Nov 29, 2012

At the Farm

I'm seeking the milk and honey in the Every Day.  In the Now. In those slow-moving moments that Ann Voskamp calls "heavy." Heavy like glory.

It's all a part of this temple-dwelling, milk-and-honey-seeking, eyes-for-the-beauty kind of life I'm longing for. Living in the moments and loving them deeply.

Today was milk and honey, for sure...


Living in Seattle last summer lit a spark in me and suddenly I am anticipating city life.  Its like there was this personality in me that I didn't even know existed.  But there is something about a farm, there will always be something about a farm, that makes me feel "right" inside.  Something about the smells and the light and the air.  The way Annika can get her hands a good kind of dirty and get nose-to-nose with a chicken.  


Being outdoors seems to ignite something in them.


And maybe it's just my bias for these girls, but I think the fresh air and sun makes things beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. Love this. Pics are super lovely, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KK! You would love it out there.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sentiments, Britney. And those girls are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. And I'd have to agree about the cuteness thing ;)

      Delete

Share your thoughts/heart/words below!